Saturday 20 May 2017

Badger activity

I woke up yesterday to find badger dig holes on my lawn! I figured it was either the cubs, or because someone had given me a sack of 'dried meat for dogs' , some of which I had soaking in water in a covered bucket which they may have smelled? Anyway the stuff is revolting! It slopped out of the bucket onto the grass and eventually something ate it! The magpies were not touching it, or the fox when it first came. I will be alternating porridge /mash mix and the meat (Goodness only knows what's in it, as I didn't recognise it as anything I had ever seen!)' All the bits no one eats' apparently !
Anyway, I have not seen the vixen for over a week and although my concern for her grows, there has been only one sighting of her since last Sunday, I can't do anything about it. So will just have to wait to see if she turns up.
There was a new dig hole today on the sett and I think this is a badger one. I had wondered why they came and went in that direction, although the dog fox often comes from that side too.
The cubs are obvious to me now and the two of them are growing fast. The whiter faced one is still my favourite!



No comments:

Post a Comment