Thursday 4 May 2017

Waiting for me again!

I went up to the feed the foxes and the vixen was waiting for me. I thought she would be, as I always fill the water up in the mornings now as she comes about one o'clock for a drink. Mange is making her very thirsty. I spoke to her calmly as I carried the chicken and rice down to the back. I laid out the sandwiches with her meds in at the front, as I like to make sure she eats them. I know she likes them and they are  almost exclusively hers, since no other fox is really brave enough to come for them when I am there!
 She has stopped limping, which is good, for now at least and has several open wounds on her 'good' and bad side. The old ones are healing slowly, but the ones on her haunches seem quite raw and open, where she has clearly bitten herself in an attempt to remove the parasites . I am really hoping that this is nearer to the healing stage and that she has fewer  episodes now that some of her fur is growing back. Time will tell........




No comments:

Post a Comment