Sunday 14 May 2017

Badger count

I am still not sure exactly how many badgers there are as yet. Last night saw me cooing over the white faced cub again, although she (As I discovered by my partner noticing teats already) was filthy yesterday! Tonight I saw four on the sett at the same time. Some were older and the 2 cubs from the other night. I will not know for sure  the full count until at least july, when they all seem to come out at once! The better weather and lighter nights will determine the full count.
Meanwhile there has been no sightings of the vixen, for 2 nights. I always worry when I do not see her and suspect the male has been taking her sandwiches. There has aso been sightings of the 'evening fox' coming earlier, so all a little unpredictable at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment