Sunday 28 May 2017

Little family

I have not posted in a while due to it being another bank holiday and various other excuses! There has been no sightings of the vixen for two weeks now, and although this has happened before, I don't feel confident that she will be back. I am doubting she is  even alive now. The reality was , that she had gotten so thin that she could not have  recovered  fully despite my attempts to save her.
The badgers have been up every night, and I have worked out that this year there are four  so far. I have seen the mum, two cubs and later, the dad. The mum comes from the main sett, but often her and the dad come from the back of the field. ( There is a sub sett further back). I am guessing that this is roughly what happens? The main sett holds the mum and cubs and as they grow, the adults move to the sub sett? Who knows! Last year we had seven in all, but only saw the full numbers in July/August.



No comments:

Post a Comment