Tuesday 11 April 2017

Looking better

This afternoon it was really windy and the foxes are usually a little later as they get a bit jumpy in the wind! The cover on the hen coop was rattling around and any sudden movement and they run off. Today the vixen came from the right of the sett, where she has dug a new hole, I am thinking this was done when she first became ill with this mange, to enable her to come to and from the food more safely. She appeared very close, closer than she has ever been while I am watching and did not seem to even notice me when I sniffed loudly to alert her. She ate a good three or four sandwiches until I had a coughing fit ! I suppose it sounds a little like barking? Anyway she ran to the back to eat the rest of the food and was joined by Mr Fox, who has been keeping away from her since she has been so ill.

It was lovely to see them together again. Her skin is looking better although on close up photos I can still see mites and eggs and her leg wound is a little scabby , so difficult to tell how that's doing .
 She does look so very small.............

No comments:

Post a Comment