Monday 3 April 2017

Update on the vixen.

Today I have not seen the vixen, but saw her from my bathroom window yesterday, hobbling around the back, eating the food and drinking. It was clear that she is still in a bad way. I have contacted the National fox welfare society, who have been asking me lots of questions: Has she got cubs? What area am I in? etc. Whilst I answered all the questions I am still left without answers to whether they can help her or not. I am wondering if by not having cubs makes her less of a priority? Still a great concern to me at the moment. I just don't think she can go much longer with these injuries.
The male fox has been feeding and cheekily coming to the sett when he thinks I am not around, but of course my fear is that he will get mange too.
On a different track here, but we went to collect some plants today and my partner noticed 'animal foot marks on the TOP of his car! The couple we went to see are also fox feeders and keepers of cats, as we are. We all agreed they were fox footprints!
This rather blurry photograph is of last years 'cub'! I went out tonight to see if I could catch a glimpse of the vixen to see what state she was in. Noisily crunching at the back of the land was another badger. This one shown here popped out of the sett to eat and I instantly recognised it as the one we nick named 'cotton tail' as it was the only one with a white tail last year........Soon be light enough to photograph them properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment