Saturday 8 April 2017

No longer limping.

I had made sure that I put extra water out this morning, so that if the vixen came at lunchtime as she did yesterday , there would be some already out there. When I checked at three it was half empty already. I shall fill it up again shortly as she is obviously thirsty. With all the badgers and the other fox, I should probably put out an extra bowl.
Her limp seems to have gone, for now at least and I did think her skin looked less 'angry' although there is still a long way to go. She appears to be covered in ticks as well, unless these are eggs from the mites? Hard to tell as ticks are white/pale grey at first and only get darker as they fill with blood from their host. She ate quietly, not taking the food away to begin with and sitting at the edge of the sett (Usually she will take one sandwich or treat from the top and carry it off to eat it. This was done for my benefit, so I could take photos and be entertained in the earlier days. I am guessing it's because it is more work for her to be coming backwards and forwards as she is still very weak and thin. The last three  quarters of the sandwiches I gave her (Cut up as she used to carry them off) were carried away . I am hoping she will eat these later, and not as happens this time of year, for someone else's cubs. She definitely does not have cubs, but  foxes will often hunt for the mother and take food for the little ones.




No comments:

Post a Comment