Saturday 22 April 2017

Missed a few days

I have missed a few days because of the loss of my dear little familiar. A cat who had stayed by my side for over 18 years. We had been through quite a lot together and I knew it was time to let him go. Whilst I feel sad for the foxes and badgers and try not to get emotionally involved, this was different. I am not posting more about him here, as this is about the wildlife but wanted readers to know  in view of late posts.
The vixen is looking better and for now, no longer limping. She ate her sandwiches as she usually does. Not so much with the badgers. I had a visit from the local countryside officer , in view of the planned housing development here . He is going to insist on a full badger survey and whilst he remains impartial will recommend they do not move the badgers. There is a main sett, where I photograph and a sub sett, which I had first thought was a fox den. What seems obvious now is that foxes as he put it, are lazy, so will just dig down into existing badger tunnels. These would run all over the land as the sub and main setts are more than forty meters apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment